The Archives Association of Ontario (AAO) is pleased to announce its Call for Papers for the 2017 AAO Conference to be held 26-28 April 2017 in Toronto, Ontario (please note the conference is earlier this year so preparation deadlines have also been moved up).
Come Together : Meaningful Collaboration in a Connected World
Collaboration requires space and room in order to be meaningful – it is a journey that may take unforseen turns and produce unexpected connections and results. The Conference Program Committee invites proposals pertaining to all areas of archival theory and practice that address issues / experiences around partnership / collaboration.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- How can archives work more effectively with each other?
- Have you been partnering with another institution or department for a sesquicentennial Canada 150 project?
- How can archives work more effectively with organizations such as museums, libraries, or historical societies that house archival collections?
- What are some of the innovative partnerships currently taking place in your institution?
- Have you been working with local community groups
- Has your institution been building relationships with Indigenous communities in response to the Truth and Reconciliation Commission’s Calls to Action?
Submissions of proposals for individual papers or entire sessions are invited.
The proposals should be sent with a brief abstract of 250 words and a bio to:
AAO Office at email@example.com
Use the subject line format: AAO 2017 Conference Proposal_[last name, first name]
If you get a panel proposal together, please select a “point person” for your panel group and use the subject line format: AAO 2017 Conference Proposal_PANEL-[title]-[last name, first name]
The deadline to submit proposals is 15 December 2016
We are happy to announce that the 2017 AAO Conference will include, depending on student interest / response, a Student Papers session and, possibly a Poster session.
A separate call for student submissions will be issued early in the New Year.
On behalf of the AAO 2017 Conference Program Committee